American Public University System Senior Front End Web Developer in Charles Town, West Virginia
Requisition Number 18-0023
Post Date 3/8/2018
Title Senior Front End Web Developer
Location Charles Town, WV
Please scroll all the way down and click "Apply On-Line" to apply for this posting.
• Reports To : Manager, User Experience
• Department: Information Technology
• Office Location: Charles Town, WV
• FLSA Status: Exempt
• Date Posted: March 8, 2018
• Date Closing: Open Until Filled
Synopsis of Role:
The Senior Front-End Web Developer has experience in responsive web development. This role architects and builds world class web/mobile user interfaces as well as designs, prototypes, and implements new features. The incumbent works on cutting edge technologies, with a mix of the latest Microsoft.Net Framework, Java, and ColdFusion technologies.
• Designs, develops, and implements effective, intuitive user interfaces for web applications and web properties.
• Provides technical solutions and innovative ideas to the business and internal clients.
• Understands browser specific compatibility issues, as well as the benefits of the various design methodologies.
• Researches and stays current on industry trends relating to web accessibility, usability, and emerging technologies to drive and evangelize best practices.
• Mentors and develops less experienced members of the web team.
• Responds rapidly to continuous changes and troubleshoots issues as they arise.
• Demonstrates expert knowledge in web presentation technologies.
• Translates design requirements and specifications into robust high quality code implementations.
• Performs code unit tests and demonstrates the ability to properly validate functionality of work produced.
• Writes and maintains computer code, programs, and specifications documentation.
• Communicates the status of projects in a timely manner in a clear and concise way.
• Works independently with limited supervision as well as within a team environment.
• Uses Adobe Analytics/DTM to deploy measurement strategies.
• Tracks and analyzes website analytics to assess the performance of current SEO strategies.
• Performs other tasks as assigned.
Work Environment and Physical Demands:
• Standard office environment in Charles Town, WV.
• Excellent command of the jQuery library, as well as other JS libraries.
• Expert in development with web content management systems.
• Solid knowledge of mobile app development practices, along with mobile testing tools and techniques.
• Working knowledge with SQL Server 2008.
• Collect and analyze analytical data using Adobe Analytics or Google Analytics to identify trends in our web properties.
• Skilled in responsive web development.
• Expert proficiency with Adobe Creative Suite.
• Understanding of mobile landscape.
• Follows web accessibility (Section 508 and WAI) standards.
• Understanding of common UX/UI design patterns, best practices, and standard conventions.
• Proficiency in source code management practices.
• Expertise with debugging code, triaging issues, and providing customer experience enhancing solutions.
• Understanding of managing scalable, cross browser, and cross device code.
• Three or more years mobile application development experience with iOS and Android.
• Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or relative field a preferred.
• Experience with enterprise-level Content Management Systems as well as open source CMS’s required.
• Experience with web development platforms (ColdFusion, ASP.Net or Java) required.
• Experience with both Windows and Linux server environments required.
• Experience with AJAX Frameworks (Dojo, YUI, ExtJS, Spry, Backbone), Responsive Frameworks (Bootstrap), and mobile web development (HTML5, JQuery Mobile) experience required.
• Demonstrated experience creating wireframes, designing user interfaces, and defining information architecture and navigation for complex web applications and websites required.
• Experience capturing and analyzing web metrics a preferred.
Equal Employment Opportunity
It is the policy of American Public University System to afford equal opportunity to all qualified persons. We treat all qualified individuals equally as to their recruitment, hiring, assignments, advancements, compensation, and all other terms and conditions of employment. American Public University System does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, sex, age, national origin, sexual orientation, or physical, mental, or sensory disability, or any other characteristic protected by law.