American Public University System Document Services Specialist in Charles Town, West Virginia
Requisition Number 18-0087
Post Date 7/13/2018
Title Document Services Specialist
Location Charles Town, WV
Please scroll all the way down and click "Apply On-Line" to apply for this posting.
- Reports To: TBD
- Department: Document Services
- Office Location: Charles Town, WV
- FLSA Status: Non - Exempt
- Date Closing: Open Until Filled
Synopsis of Role:
The Document Services Specialist supports students by reviewing and processing student files required for admission to the University as well as the transfer credit evaluation process. This role is responsible for paper and electronic document intake; scanning through the digital content management system and indexing based on the information contained in the student information system. The position requires a dedicated, professional and energetic person with an eye for detail and focus on service to the student.
- Processes, reviews, and tracks receipt of all required documents for designated student population.
- Reviews files daily for completion and preparedness for transfer credit evaluation.
- Receives and responds to student records, documents and TRA (Transcript Release Authorization) e-mails as assigned.
- Assists in file assignment and database updating as needed.
- Assists in follow-up on outstanding TRA requests, and missing TCE (Transfer Credit Evaluation) documents as needed.
- Reviews and processes new program applications and posts all institutional credit to designated student as assigned, according to department workflow expectations and Student Learning Assessment’s (SLA's).
- Reviews and processes all readmission applications for designated students according to department SLA’s.
- Reviews Wal-Mart career portfolio’s and posts transfer credit when applicable.
- Validates transcript data sent through OCR (Optical Character Recognition).
- Opens, sorts, and batches incoming mail as well as scanning paper transcripts and documents.
- Prints and indexes electronic documents into the management system.
- Manages daily workflow to ensure all department SLA’s are achieved.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Work Environment and Physical Demands:
- Standard office environment in Charles Town, WV
- Requires travel to Manassas, VA for meetings, training and to assist with mail. Travel to Manassas will be heavy during the initial training.
- Basic computer skills using the Microsoft Office Suite.
- Ability to interact with students and University staff in a professional manner.
- Excellent customer service skills.
- Strong organizational and administrative skills.
- Effective verbal and written communications skills.
- Demonstrated ability to manage multiple projects under tight deadlines.
- Ability to multitask and work with minimal supervision.
- Extremely detail oriented.
- High school diploma or equivalent required. Some college experience preferred.
- Experience working with administrative records and files, as well as, strong attention to detail required.
- Previous experience in customer service preferred.
- Basic familiarity with Microsoft Office software to include Word, Excel and Access.
- Experience working with digital imaging systems preferred.
Equal Employment Opportunity
It is the policy of American Public University System to afford equal opportunity to all qualified persons. We treat all qualified individuals equally as to their recruitment, hiring, assignments, advancements, compensation, and all other terms and conditions of employment. American Public University System does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, sex, age, national origin, sexual orientation, or physical, mental, or sensory disability, or any other characteristic protected by law.