American Public University System Analyst, Compliance and Default Prevention in Charles Town, West Virginia
Requisition Number 18-0044
Post Date 4/23/2018
Title Analyst, Compliance and Default Prevention
Location Charles Town, WV
Please scroll all the way down and click "Apply On-Line" to apply for this posting.
- Reports To: Director, Financial Aid Training & Process Review
- Department: Finance
- Location: Charles Town, WV
- FLSA Status: Exempt
- Date Posted: April 23, 2018
Date Closing: Open Until Filled Synopsis of Role: The Analyst, Compliance and Default Prevention will perform work on data analysis and reporting and assess compliance as it relates to Title IV program requirements. The incumbent will focus primarily on consumer information, gainful employment (GE) and enrollment reporting. The incumbent will also research, monitor, and test related processing activities and report issues to the director of financial aid training and process review. The role requires coordination with compliance, training, and process review team members and activities. The analyst also serves as a point of contact for other financial aid teams, admissions representatives, and other American Public University System (APUS) offices. The analyst must demonstrate an ability to apply critical thinking, reason, and logic to guide actions and decisions. Essential Functions:
Assists the director, financial aid training and process review in assessing and implementing regulatory and internal policies and procedures.
- Stays current on regulatory updates and best practices in administering Title IV federal student aid, with a concentration on gainful employment and enrollment reporting requirements.
- Supports implementation of compliant policies and procedures.
- Works with University enrollment, default management, and GE reports and queries.
- Performs work and analysis on student status confirmation report, enrollment reporting and gainful employment data.
- Reviews information technology (IT) work orders and performs user acceptance testing (UAT) and production verify, as needed.
- Provides support and assists with default prevention measures.
- Assists in answering student questions and resolving student issues.
- Attends training sessions focused on consumer information, gainful employment, enrollment reporting and default management.
- Establishes a working relationship within and across teams to ensure that training and processing needs are being addressed.
- Maintains positive working relationships with other APUS departments to achieve goals and ensure seamless customer service.
- Monitors and reports on educational credit management corporation (horizon) default management processes and outcomes.
- Provides assistance with regular process reviews and utilize findings to identify focused training needs and process improvements.
- Assists in maintaining documented Title IV policies and procedures.
- Reviews internal and third-party system capabilities to assist with system implementation, enhancements and change management, as needed.
- Performs monthly compliance testing and assists with the annual audit, as needed.
- Assists in identifying University staff training needs and reports those to the director, training and process review.
- Additional duties as assigned.
Work Environment and Physical Demands:
- Standard office environment in Charles Town, WV.
- Knowledge of federal student aid administrative capability requirements.
- Understands federal student aid eligibility and packaging and disbursement guidelines.
- Possesses superior research and analysis capabilities and strong technical skills.
- Detail-oriented and organized.
- Demonstrates excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Aptitude for problem solving and contributing to continued improvement of the team and University as a whole.
- Ability to work independently managing time and prioritizing effectively.
- Applies strategic thinking, change management skills and the ability to construct innovative ideas.
- Ability to plan, monitor for and track results.
- Must be a team player, able to collaborate effectively and promote a positive attitude.
- Demonstrates sound judgment and rational decision making.
Superior customer service focus. Required Experience:
Associate degree from an accredited institution required; Bachelor's degree preferred.
- Three or more years’ experience in student financial aid.
- Experience with computer-based applications and/or student financial aid software.
- Competent in Microsoft Excel and Word advanced functions.
- Familiarity with Microsoft Access.
- Basic accounting skills and office experience preferred.
Equal Employment Opportunity
It is the policy of American Public University System to afford equal opportunity to all qualified persons. We treat all qualified individuals equally as to their recruitment, hiring, assignments, advancements, compensation, and all other terms and conditions of employment. American Public University System does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, sex, age, national origin, sexual orientation, or physical, mental, or sensory disability, or any other characteristic protected by law.