American Public University System Education Coordinator, South Carolina, Eastern Georgia, and Eastern Florida in United States
Requisition Number 17-0098
Post Date 6/9/2017
Title Education Coordinator, South Carolina, Eastern Georgia, and Eastern Florida
Location Remote / Online
Please scroll all the way down and click "Apply On-Line" to apply for this posting.
• Reports To:Director, Military Outreach, Eastern Region
• Department: Military Outreach
• Office Location: Remote,South Carolina, Eastern Georgia, and Eastern Florida
• FLSA Status: Exempt
• Date Posted: June 9, 2017
• Date Closing: Open Until Filled
Synopsis of Role:
The Education Coordinator,South Carolina, Eastern Georgia, and Eastern FloridaRegion establishes and maintains relationships with key influencers to include: military education center staff, community college transfer and veteran center staff, current students and prospective students within the assigned area of responsibility (AOR). This role provides on-site liaison between American Public University System (APUS) and the field location to all members of the local community as appropriate. The incumbent presents briefings to individuals and groups (when permissible), counsels assists current & prospective students, represents APUS at local events and ceremonies and provides information about APUS programs to key military and civilian personnel. This position is full-time.
• Primarily responsible to serve as the “face of APUS” in the South Carolina, Eastern Georgia, & Eastern Florida region.
• Serves as the “face of APUS” at desired region.
• Serves as the “face of APUS” at military installations in secondary region.
• Establishes and maintains professional relationships with active duty, guard, and reserve education center personnel, community college transfer office, veteran’s centers, and other key personnel.
• Ensures marketing materials displayed in all assigned areas are kept replenished and current.
• Provides face-to-face, phone, and e-mail assistance to current students and prospective students.
• Attends ceremonies and other events on behalf of APUS, and may make presentations of scholarships or other forms of recognition.
• Assists the director/manager, in the development and execution of strategies, plans, and objectives, and keeps him/her informed of potential marketing opportunities in assigned area.
• Prepares briefings and presents information to individuals and groups of varying sizes.
• Develops innovative ways to relay information about APUS to target audiences.
• Provides input to advertising and marketing activities specific to AOR.
• Periodically assists other education coordinators with events that are located outside of assigned AOR.
• Provides monthly environmental scan of area of responsibility to include military installations, community colleges, and activity of key competitors.
• Provides monthly spreadsheet on student and prospect visitation.
• Performs other duties as assigned.
Work Environment and Physical Demands:
• Work is performed in a variety of locations, including but not limited to, home office, military installations, and community colleges locations within assigned AOR.
• Frequent travel required(up to 70%)within assigned geographic area of responsibility (South Carolina, Eastern Georgia, and Eastern Florida); occasional travel required to Manassas, Virginia or Charles Town, West Virginia.
•Must reside in the AOR to be consider for this position.
• In-depth understanding of the student services functions, to include, advising, enrollment management, career services, etc.
• In-depth understanding of military voluntary education, community college systems, and veteran programs.
• Ability to communicate effectively verbally and in writing.
• Ability to interact with internal contacts, including fellow American Public University System (APUS) employees up to the vice president level and APUS students, and external contacts, including senior government personnel (military and civilian), unit leaders, base education officials, and prospective students.
•Ability to organize resources in the most effective way to accomplish competing missions.
• Ability to establish priorities among multiple tasks.
• Ability to operate independently to accomplish the assigned mission.
• Ability to translate general mission guidance into specific actions.
• Ability to make logical decisions that support the intended objective, considering the best interests of APUS.
• Bachelor’s degree or higher required.
• Basic computer experience required.
• Previous experience with customer interaction and communication required.
• Military service or military affiliated experience preferred.
• Knowledge of community college systems preferred.
• Knowledge of military voluntary education preferred.
• Experience with Microsoft Office products preferred.