American Public University System Corporate Recruiter in Manassas, Virginia
Requisition Number 17-0088
Post Date 6/1/2017
Title Corporate Recruiter
Location Manassas, VA
Please scroll all the way down and click "Apply On-Line" to apply for this posting.
• Reports To: Sr. Manager, Career Services
• Department: Career Services
• Office Location: Manassas, VA
• FLSA Status: Exempt
• Date Posted: June 1, 2017
• Date Closing: Open Until Filled
Synopsis of Role:
The Corporate Recruiter is responsible for establishing new, and enhancing existing, employer relationships that will assist in furthering the employment of APUS students and alumni. This position actively seeks out employers whose industry and career opportunities correlate with the education, location, and skill sets possessed by APUS students and alumni. In addition, this position recruits employers to attend Virtual Career Fairs (VCF) and other events where an employer presence is warranted. In addition, the Corporate Recruiter works closely with other University staff, including Career Coaches and faculty, to ensure that employment opportunities match desired student and academic outcomes.
- Initiates contact with recruiters, within targeted organizations and industries, to promote the quality of University programs and to engage employer interest in recruiting students and alumni.
- Maintains contact with existing recruiter partners to strengthen relationships, thereby resulting in increased attendance at career events, increased reporting of hires, and interviews.
- Actively markets career services events to employers.
- Collaborates with internal departments and external organizations to identify desired employment opportunities and industry best practices.
- Recruits and supports employer participation in the University job board, career services events, information sessions, and other recruiting efforts.
- Establishes and engages employer relationships through targeted communications, job listing services, and participation in regional and national industry conferences.
- Assists with the collection of statistical data necessary for reporting to various entities within and outside of the University.
- Represents the department of career services at University Industry Advisory Councils.
- Participates in data collection and reporting of student interviews, offers, hires, and employer engagement.
- Other duties as needed to support the mission of the university, the student body, and alumni.
Work Environment and Physical Demands:
- Standard office environment.
- Ability to work effectively remotely.
- Travel for special events required with advanced notice.
- Ability to work evenings and weekends required with advanced notice.
- Strong networking and relationship-building skills.
- Ability to accept rejection with professionalism and dignity.
- Excellent customer service skills.
- Ability to work with minimal supervision to resolve issues in a dynamic and rapidly changing environment.
- Effective verbal and written communications skills.
- Demonstrated ability to manage multiple projects under tight deadlines.
- Effective problem solving and decision making ability.
- Strong Word and Excel skills.
- Strong internet/social media skills.
- Project coordination skills.
- Strong interpersonal skills for professional interaction with all internal and external constituents.
- Outgoing, enthusiastic, and goal-driven individual.
- Strong presentation skills.
- Ability to motivate and influence others.
- Strategic selling and effective communication.
- Planning and monitoring for results.
- Rational decision-making.
- Acquisition of information to understand business objectives.
- Orientation toward service, especially to students and alumni.
- Ability to work effectively with a wide range of constituencies in a diverse community.
- Bachelor’s degree required; Master’s degree or related field credential preferred.
- Experience in career services for higher education, human resource management recruiting, or corporate relations required.
- Knowledge of the military and government agencies preferred.