American Public University System Specialist, Collections and Finance Systems Support in Charles Town, West Virginia
Requisition Number 17-0158
Post Date 10/6/2017
Title Specialist, Collections and Finance Systems Support
Location Charles Town, WV
Please scroll all the way down and click "Apply On-Line" to apply for this posting.
Reports to : Manager, Finance Systems Support
Office Location: Charles Town, WV
FLSA Status: Non Exempt
Date Posted: October 6, 2017
Date Closing: Open Until Filled
Synopsis of Role:
The Specialist, Collections & Finance Systems Support, will be responsible for assisting with the research and support of billing and collections workflow as well as duties related to the user acceptance testing (UAT) of new processes and system enhancements for finance operations.
• Assists with research, clean up, and data input for receivable reports.
• Works with students via email and telephone to resolve balances by setting up payment arrangements, providing exceptional customer service, and maintaining compliance with collections regulations.
• Has an understanding of the billing systems Great Plains - Third Party Billing Module, Military Portals, Onbase, and Microsoft CRM.
• Distributes mass email communications through Exact Target.
• Assists with research and reporting of service requests for the analyst, finance systems support team and manager.
• Coordinates and schedules user acceptance testing (UAT) release meetings, testing rooms, preparation meetings with the information technology department, and team meetings.
• Maintains minutes for finance from various meetings to ensure action items and deliverables are captured for projects.
• Works with the business office to achieve daily goals
• Special projects as assigned.
• Other duties as assigned.
• Standard office environment in Charles Town, WV.
• Overtime and weekend hours, as needed.
• Ability to interact with students and APUS staff in a positive and professional manner.
• Acquiring and maintaining job and professional knowledge: staying abreast of the latest technology and knowledge, best practices and other developments in the employee’s area of competence.
• Ability to understand policies and procedures.
• Candidate must have excellent oral and written communication skills, understanding finance, and technology terminology.
• Advanced proficiency with Microsoft Office products to include Excel, Access, and Word.
• Ability to work independently and exercise sound judgement.
• Excellent attention to detail.
• Excellent organizational and time management skills.
• High school diploma required; associates degree from an accredited institution preferred.
• Minimum of two years work experience in finance required.
• Experience in Great Plains preferred.